This healthy bananas bread is the best of all time. It’s very soft, tastes like bananas, and is easy to make. Here’s the best healthy banana bread recipe you’ll ever find. This banana bread is healthy and has everything you’d want in a banana bread recipe:
- A particularly soft and moist loaf.
- Honey and ripe bananas give it a natural sweetness.
- It’s made with about 2 cups of mashed banana, providing many rich flavors.
This healthy banana bread is, without a doubt, the best. It’s sweet, soft, and has the flavor and sweetness you want in a pan of banana bread, healthy or not. I have tried this recipe many times to ensure it is great before posting it here.
I’ve tried various flour, banana, butter, and sugar quantities. This banana bread has been made using and without milk. This healthy banana bread recipe has the right amount of each ingredient, and I can’t wait for you to try it for yourself.
Ingredients For Healthy Bananas Bread Recipe
You’ll Love How Easy It Is To Find This Recipe’s Ingredients.
- Butter: Even for healthy baking recipes, I like to use real butter because it gives baked goods a rich, buttery flavor that can’t be beaten. I’ve only used 5 tablespoons in this recipe.
- Honey: For its sweetness. You can swap organic maple syrup if preferred.
- Ripe Bananas: For the best banana taste, make sure that you use very ripe bananas. You will need about 3 1/2 big or 5 medium bananas.
- Eggs: The eggs give the bread shape and flavor and help it rise.
- Baking soda: This ingredient helps the loaf rise as it bakes.
- Salt: Brings out all of the flavors.
- Cinnamon: This flavor enhances the banana flavor.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds a hint of sweetness.
White Whole Wheat Flour: This grain flour has a lighter flavor and texture than normal whole wheat. White whole wheat flour isn’t always easy to find. You can use normal or all-purpose flour if you can’t find it.
Method For Making Healthy Bananas Bread Recipe
- Except for mashing the banana, this whole wheat banana bread is made in just one bowl. I always use a fork and a different bowl to mash my bananas. You can also use a stand mixer to mash the bananas.
- First, mix the melted butter, honey, and mashed banana with a whisk. Then, beat the eggs in.
- Add the salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla to the bowl once the wet ingredients are well mixed. I like adding the vanilla at the end so I don’t have to wash the measuring spoon I used for the dry ingredients.
- Mix the batter well with the whisk before adding the flour. You want to make sure that the batter doesn’t have any lumps of baking soda or salt.
- The last step is to put the flour in the bowl. Mix the flour with a rubber spoon until it is all mixed. Mix until there are no more flour streaks, and then stop. If you mix the batter too much, the banana bread will be thick instead of soft and light.
- When I make quick bread, including this banana bread, I line the loaf pan with parchment paper, as shown in the picture above. Using parchment paper and greasing the pan, your banana bread will come out easily and won’t stick to the bottom.
Baking Guide For Healthy Bananas Bread
- Using ripe bananas is the key to producing the best sweet banana bread with many flavors. You want there to be a lot of brown spots on your bananas.
- If you want frozen bananas, let them thaw before continuing the process. Drain and throw away any extra juice from the bananas as they thaw.
- Pour a small amount of flour into your measuring cup before you level off the top. Do not use the measuring cup to scoop up the flour. This could cause you to use too much flour.
- Mix briefly until everything is mixed after adding the flour. If you mix too much at this point, the bread will be hard and thick instead of soft and tender.
- To make banana bread without butter, use coconut oil instead of butter in the recipe.
- Combine chopped walnuts or pecans into the batter after adding the flour to make banana nut bread.
- Want some chocolate? To make chocolate chip banana bread, stir some chocolate chips into the batter. You could also try this Chocolate Banana Bread.
- If you like blueberries in banana bread, try this nutritious Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe.
How To Freeze Bananas Bread
Banana bread pauses well in the freezer for up to 3 months if well-wrapped. Let the bread chill out on a wire rack, previously putting it in the freezer. The whole loaf of banana bread can be wrapped and frozen. Or, if you would like to be able to take out one slice of banana bread at a time from the fridge, cut the bread into slices and wrap each one in plastic wrap.
Put the packaged slices in a bigger sealed container or a zip-top bag to store in the freezer. Banana bread can be thawed in the fridge overnight or at room temperature for some time. Banana bread may be thawed quickly in the microwave, even frozen.